Saturday, April 9, 2011

Meet Leno Lovecraft

It's been all hip hop for the last few posts, so here's something to shake things up.  Meet Leno Lovecraft, Maman Records' newest signing.  I got an email from Maman about this kid and I ended up listening to and loving all the tracks, which is rare considering some of the garbage that ends up in my inbox.  Leno is an 18 year old New Zealander who has just moved to Paris and really has been cranking out some really sexy disco tunes lately.  Here's what Maman Record's rep had to say about Leno in the email: Leno "takes the best parts of 80s on a background of Funk and Italo-Disco."  His track "Cybernetic" is reminiscent to me of Daft Punk with the robotic vocals and shred guitar.  I really like Leno, check him out.

   04 Cybernetic 1 by Maman_Records



You can check out all of Leno Lovecraft's stellar "EP #1" at Maman's Soundcloud


-NC

No comments:

Post a Comment