Sunday, November 13, 2011

GRiZ - Where Is The Love

GRiZ is a 21 year old producer out of Detroit, Michigan putting some really great bass music.  He's a really talented producer, with a style incorporating a hip hop sound and some of the best use of samples I've encountered--I really jam to this type of music.  In his live shows, he plays saxophone and is accompanied by a guitar player.  Comparisons have been drawn between GRiZ and Pretty Lights because of their similar styles and because the drop of 'Where Is The Love' has a similar sound to that of Derek's 'I Know The Truth.'  It's a great track, showing the hip-hop influence, sampling Jay-Z's 'Heart of the City.'  His track 'I'm Home' was recently featured on the new 'An-Ten-Nae Presents: Acid Crunk Vol 4.'  'Better Than I've Ever Been' samples 'Classic' by Kanye West, Rakim, Nas & KRS-One as well as 'Born Again' by Notorious B.I.G.  Two of the other original tracks of his that are among my favorites are 'iLL Type Moves' and 'Kaptain Krunk.'  His collaboration with Stephan Jacobs, 'Pretty Boy,' is a nice track off of Jacobs' stellar EP 'Mad Era.'  Shout out to Kat for showing me GRiZ.


Download:  GRiZ - Where's The Love
Download:  GRiZ - I'm Home
Download:  GRiZ - Better Than I've Ever Been
Download:  GRiZ - iLL Type Moves
Download:  GRiZ - Kaptain Krunk
Download:  GRiZ - Stephan Jacobs & GRiZ



-NC

No comments:

Post a Comment