Friday, July 23, 2010

Back To My Roots

(From left) Tom Morello, Raekwon, Travis Barker, The RZA
So it's my birthday today and I'm stoked, so in tribute to that I'm throwing up a post that takes me back to my roots.  Growing up, for a while all I really heard was my brother's music, so as he went in and out of music phases, as did I, although maybe a little behind.  The crucial thing is he listened to good music, so I first heard artists like Wu Tang Clan, Notorious B.I.G. and Rage Against The Machine from him at a young age.  I still am a really huge fan of all of these artists, even though he's not, but I'm really glad he introduced me.  

The reason I am reminiscing on this is because I came across this article talking about Travis Barker's collaborations on his new solo album. His new album has potential to be really tight, on it he's got Raekwon and The RZA of Wu-Tang and Tom Morello, the guitar genius behind Rage Against The Machine.  I have a feeling this is going to be really high energy, really tight stuff.  The picture above a still from the music video for "Carry It."  I can't wait for that to drop in September.  This collaboration reminds me of song I really like that's a Rage Against The Machine official remix of the Clan's "Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nothin' To Fuck Wit."  I'm not gonna lie, it's a really raw song, probably better than the original, check it out yo.


im out.

No comments:

Post a Comment