Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Monster Mash

This is the first installment of my new weekly segment, The Monster Mash.  I know that for every quality mashup made there is probably a hundred horrible ones, but still, I'm a fan of the mashes and I definitely think they have a place on N.C.  If you dig 'em too, then your in luck and this is for you.  Every week, I will bring you a few mashup gems for your listening pleasure.  Here's the first installment, enjoiiii

really chill mashup with a trance sound and nice smooth vocals from Haley.
gotta wonder, did the song or the title come first?
Download: When's The Last Time I Left You (Clipse vs. The Avalanches) - The Hood Internet
This is a personal favorite.  I like this one because the original Clipse song kind of has an annoying beat, that even Pusha can't stand, this is a great mashup on a sweeeet avalanches song with a sick build.
Free Weezy? Anybody? this is a dope mashup with vocals from Wayne's "Stuntin' Like My Daddy," and in my opinion, one of the greatest hip hop instrumentals of all time, RJD2'S "Ghostwriter."
Who would have thought the Hieroglyphic's and Genesis (Phil Collins) would make such a tight, catchy mash like this?
I really like both songs, Shooting Stars and Superman, but together I think this version might be the best of 'em all.

So there you go, your weekly fix of mash for your stash, 'till next time.... PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment