Thursday, July 29, 2010

Monster Mash

MONSTER MASH!! Although I know that for every quality mashup made there is probably a hundred horrible ones, I'm a fan of the mashes and I definitely think they have a place on N.C.  If you dig 'em too, then your in luck and this is for you.  Every week, I will bring you a handful of mashup gems for your listening pleasure.
Here's the next installment, enjoiiii.
Download: Pretty Lights vs Westside Connection - Mr. Physix
This is Pretty Light's "If I Could Feel Again" mixed with the Westside Connections "Bow Down," the rap group where Ice Cube got his start.
Download: Ain't I A Joker - A-Trak
This is off A-Trak's "Dirty Dance 2," and it mixes Joker's dubstep hit "Tron," with the mainstream hip hop hit "Ain't I" by Yung LA, T.I. and Y0ung Dro.
Download: Red Dress Turnin' Me On (Keri Hilson vs The Glitch Mob vs TV on the Radio) - The Hood Internet
I love the beat on this track, it's the Glitch Mob's remix of TV on the Radio's "Red Dress," it's some fire and the vocals from Keri mix well.
Download: Beat Beaty Bye Bye (Ratatat vs Cypress Hill) - Radio Vampiro
So this is a beat from one of the best songs on Ratatat's remix cd, it's a remix of Memphis Bleek's "Alright," -sample that if you haven't heard it.  The Cypress Hill vocals from "Boom Biddy Bye Bye" mash incredibly well on this beat, love this mash.
Download: None Shall Get Up And Pass (Aesop Rock vs The Rosebuds) - The Hood Internet
Really sweet mash of the Rosebud's "Get Up" and Aesop's "None Shall Pass."  Not much else to be said, just listen..
Download: The Fly Scientist - Drake & Coldplay
I should have thought of this one, these songs fit together almost too well.  This is a favorite of my buddy Angus', Drake and Coldplay are literally his two all time favorite artists.


There's your weekly mash for your stash. later...

No comments:

Post a Comment